MAT and school improvement
MAT growth, systems and improvement
We advise support MATs, local authorities or stand-alone schools in all aspects of growth, systems & improvement, including support for new free schools and building programmes.
Reviews are conducted in a collegiate spirit by an experienced & credible team. We recognise and validate good practice where it exists while offering challenge that is firmly rooted in evidence.
The review packages consist of:
- An initial meeting to establish the context and scope
- A review, tailored to your school’s size and circumstances, in which we look forensically at all aspects of planning, data and practice
- A report that recognises areas of strength and makes constructive recommendations.
Should you require support to realise the recommendations made in the report, a programme of bespoke support can also be discussed at this stage.
Reviews of the following are offered:
- SEND (primary and secondary)
- Pupil Premium (primary and secondary)
- High Prior Attainers inc Gifted and Talented
- Curriculum area reviews (primary and secondary)
- Key stage or phase reviews (primary and secondary)
- Music provision and enrichment
- Other reviews can be tailored to your school’s context and unique requirements on request
School-to-school support (StSS)
The objectives of school-to-school support are outlined below.
To develop the curriculum through:
- Provision of support and resources to drive school improvement
- Developing and sustaining capacity for excellent teaching and leadership
- Collaboration and sharing of expertise within and beyond the classroom
To lead and deliver inspirational and sustainable professional learning and development, training and support through:
- A school-to-school support training package tailored to your school, academy or institution
- Excellent training, coaching and mentoring for leaders, teachers and support staff
- Use of relevant research and development
- Our wider contacts in the profession and our partner Higher Education Institutions
To engage teachers, support staff and leaders through:
- Effective use of joint observation, learning walks, coaching, mentoring, practice and reflection
- Development of sustainable excellent practice
We can host a range of visits to observe the impact of teaching on progress and outcomes. This covers primary and secondary provision, all subjects and phases. Visits can also include work scrutiny, discussions with students and professional dialogue with colleagues. We can offer the opportunity to investigate how assured teaching over time leads to strong progress & outcomes.
For an initial discussion, please contact our School Improvement lead, Andy Steward email@example.com