School improvement and school-to-school support (StSS)
Pre and post Ofsted support
We offer a comprehensive review and support package for schools to help validate your preparations for inspection. This can be offered either prior to an inspection date or as part of the school's improvement planning in response to Ofsted recommendations.
Reviews are conducted in a collegiate spirit by a highly experienced team. We recognise and validate good practice where it exists, while offering challenge that is firmly rooted in evidence.
The review packages consist of:
- An initial meeting to establish the context and scope
- A review, tailored to your school’s size and circumstances, in which we look forensically at all aspects of planning, data and practice
- A report that recognises areas of strength and makes constructive recommendations.
Should you require support to realise the recommendations made in the report, a programme of bespoke support can also be discussed at this stage.
Reviews of the following are offered:
- SEND (primary and secondary)
- Pupil Premium (primary and secondary)
- Gifted and Talented
- Curriculum area reviews (primary and secondary)
- Key stage or phase reviews (primary and secondary)
- Music provision and enrichment
- Other reviews can be tailored to your school’s context and unique requirements on request
School-to-school support (StSS)
School-to-school support (StSS) work is also provided by Cathedral Schools Trust Teaching School Alliance. The objectives of school-to-school support are outlined below.
To achieve excellent levels of student progress and attainment through:
- Provision of support and resources to drive school improvement
- Developing and sustaining capacity for excellent teaching and leadership
- Collaboration and sharing of expertise within and beyond the classroom
To lead and deliver inspirational and sustainable professional learning and development, training and support through:
- A school-to-school support training package tailored to your school, academy or institution
- Excellent training, coaching and mentoring for leaders, teachers and support staff, led by outstanding specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- Use of relevant research and development
- Our wider contacts in the profession and our partner Higher Education Institutions
To engage teachers, support staff and leaders through:
- Effective use of joint observation, learning walks, coaching, mentoring, practice and reflection
- Development of sustainable excellent practice
We can host a range of visits to observe the impact of teaching on progress and outcomes. This covers primary and secondary provision, all subjects and phases. Visits can also include work scrutiny, discussions with students and professional dialogue with colleagues. We can offer the opportunity to investigate how typically assured teaching over time leads to outstanding outcomes.